For a delicious and simple Rocket Pesto, just follow these instruction:
- 125g rocket leaves
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 50g walnuts/ground almonds
- 50g parmesan grated
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Options: add a handful of parsley, basil, coriander or watercress
Blend the rocket, garlic, lemon juice, walnuts and parmesan in a food processor or Nutribullet until creamy.
Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
Season to taste and serve
Place in a jar, cover with a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil and store in the fridge for up to 1 month. Also freezes well.
Ciara’s top tips.
- Dilute it with a little extra olive oil and use as a salad dressing.
- Mix with crème fraiche and add to wholemeal pasta or use as a dip.
- For a quick and simple fish dish mix fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs with pesto and scatter on top of cod, haddock or hake fillets. Bake in oven at 180C for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked. Serve with steamed mixed vegetables or a green salad for a tasty, nutritious meal.