Sweet potato & lentil curry
I love nothing better than simple food that's easy to bring together, tastes great and ticks all the boxes for good health. This delicious curry is full of hormone balancing and good heart health ingredients. I love to make a big batch which I then portion and freeze for a quick supper when I'm super busy.
I think you'll agree it's so tasty and easy to make, maybe one of your new favourite dishes! Let us know what you think - share your creation and tag @ciara.ryannt.
2 tsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Ginger – a thumb-sized piece, finely grated
6 curry leaves (optional)
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
75g red lentils
400ml tin coconut milk
400ml vegetable stock
Fresh coriander, a handful, torn
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook three-quarters of the onion for 10 mins until softened.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and curry leaves (if using) and cook for 2 mins.
3. Add in the spices and cook for 1 min.
4. Stir in the sweet potato and lentils, then add the coconut milk and stock. Stir well, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins until the potatoes and lentils are cooked through. Add a splash of water if it looks a little dry.
5. Season to taste, then spoon into bowls and garnish with the remaining chopped onion, the fresh coriander, and a lime wedge for squeezing over.